Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 4

I don't know what got into me this evening. Perhaps it was the lovely company of three hilarious and kind men doting on me. Perhaps it was the chicken tortas. Perhaps it was the swing music in the car, almost dying in a car accident, or the mint lemonade. Perhaps it was the odd jokes of Dan Portnoy ("My mom was killed by someone from Texas." "This sunset is beautiful, almost as beautiful as you." "Wow, your eye lashes are really long. Why would you ruin that comment by telling me how hairy you are?")?

Whatever it was I just felt relaxed tonight. I wonder if I'm giving myself more grace. Since I haven't been feeling well I have been less harsh on myself when not doing "enough" work. This is a good way to live. Why am I not more graceful all of the time instead of just when I feel lethargic? I am going to start doing so right now.

Maybe grace is good. Maybe I'm not responsible for every little thing on this planet. Maybe I write too much on my To Do list and then get bogged down in the doing instead of the living.

I got home from Taco Tuesday this evening (also with Michael Moore and Eric Mulligan) and have found myself with free time. I took a shower and am now going to watch the last episode of the first season of the Road to Avonlea, which I love. I've got two TimTam's left (hehehe, I bet if Dianne is reading this she is grinning), a bowl full of fresh strawberries, a glass of apple juice, and a blanket. I'll do some grading and hopefully print my Christmas/New Year's/what the heck it's better than never cards.

But it's all up to me. Nevermind that I have that super long To Do list I referred to and have just hidden it behind my desk. For now, life is simple and joyful. It's not ignorant bliss it's choosing to live a different way. So let me encourage you. Give yourself grace. Only put the most important items on your To Do list and leave no room for guilt if you can't seem to get an item checked off. God gave us the gift of work, not the burden of it. Go and live and rejoice :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love it, I love it! More so, I love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right, i'm grinning, and kicking myself for skipping taco tuesday. glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete